What you will need:
- Hario V60 dripper
- Filter paper
- Freshly roasted coffee beans
- Filtered / bottled water
- Pouring device
- Weighing scales
- Begin bringing your filtered / bottled water to the desired temperature – 95 degrees Celsius
- Fold the seam edge of the filter paper over and place into the V60 dripper
- Place the dripper onto your cup / decater and onto your scales – tare the scales
- Once the water reaches 95 degrees Celsius, pour into your pouring device
- Using the hot water, rinse and wash the V60 filter paper. This removes paper taints and pre-heats the dripper and cup. Discard the water
- Place 14g of ground coffee into the dripper. Flatten the bed
- Pour 30 – 40g of water onto the bed of coffee and wait 35 – 40 seconds for the bloom to finish.
- Gently pour water in a circular motion, whilst remaining in the centre of the dripper until you reach 227g
- The total brew time including bloom period should be 2:30
- Remove the dripper, drink and enjoy!
The Hario V60 is a great way to produce clean, balanced coffee. The recipe above will help you on your journey. However, please also check brewmethods.com for other variations.