Careers - Production Roaster
The Blending Room is a small, quality focused coffee roastery based in Hull. We have been operating for 14 years and are looking to expand our production team to help us continue delivering quality to our customers as we grow.
We are recruiting for a Production Roaster. The role is physically demanding and one that requires hard work and commands focus and a keen attention to detail.
The position is not limited to roasting coffee and will include assistance with many other aspects of our roastery including coffee sourcing, quality control, post roast production, order fulfilment and some deliveries.
The successful candidate must have an interest in specialty coffee and be excited to further their knowledge in this area. Previous experience is preferred, but not essential as full training will be provided.
Typical tasks will be:
- Liaising with the sales team in order to produce daily production requirements
- Heavy lifting of green and roasted coffee
- Accurately weighing out green coffee for daily production requirements
- Completing daily roasting according to requirements
- Considering each batch of coffee with attention to detail to deliver the best expression of each coffee and hitting the roast profile target with the use of Cropster
- Measurement of quality metrics within our lab
- Measuring accurate coffee stock at the end of each production day
- Managing daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks with our Equipment Technician
- Regular cupping of production coffee and sample roasts
- Cupping samples from across our supply chain with our Head Roaster
- Constant knowledge development including attending external events and engaging with the coffee production community
- Packing and shipping of retail and wholesale customer orders
- Delivery of wholesale orders to our clients (UK driving licence required)
Your salary will be between £23,000 - £27,000 depending on experience and you will be rewarded with several perks, including, yes, you guessed it, great free coffee. The role will be based at the roastery in Hull and will between 08:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not looking for generic cover letters. Tell us why you want this job.
Applications for this position will be accepted until the 9th of June.
We’ll let you know that we’ve received your application. After that, you probably shouldn’t expect to hear back from us until after the application deadline has passed. We want to give everyone a fair chance to apply.
We will then contact the people who we would like to meet and invite them to come down to the roastery to say hello. We will only be responding personally to the candidates we would like to meet.
We look forward to hearing from you!