Brew Guides 07.01.21
Hario V60 Brew Guide
What you will need:
- Hario V60 dripper
- Filter paper
- Freshly roasted coffee beans
- Filtered / bottled water
- Pouring device
- Weighing scales
- Begin bringing your filtered / bottled water to the desired temperature – 100 degrees Celsius
- Fold the seam edge of the filter paper over and place into the V60 dripper
- Place the dripper onto your cup / decanter and onto your scales - tare the scales
- Once the water reaches 100 degrees Celsius, pour into your pouring device
- Using the hot water, rinse and wash the V60 filter paper. This removes paper taints and pre-heats the dripper and cup. Discard the water
- Place 15g of ground coffee into the dripper. Flatten the bed
- Pour 30g of water onto the bed of coffee, agitate the bed and wait 35 - 40 seconds for the bloom to finish.
- Quickly pour water in a circular motion, whilst remaining in the centre of the dripper until you reach 130 g
- Then slowly continue to pour until you reach 250g
- The total brew time including bloom period should be 2:30
- Remove the dripper, drink and enjoy!
The Hario V60 is a great way to produce clean, balanced coffee. The recipe above will help you on your journey.